I’m leavin’ on a jet plane….
And I’ll certainly be back again but I’m so so so so thankful for this trip to Detroit. I’m heading out this afternoon and can’t wait! And since I love a list here are the reasons why:
1. I get to see my Boo, the Redhead! We have dinner plans and she’s bringing Spike and the Sun Runner! YAY TIMES FOUR BILLION!
2. I get to run a half marathon as a training run AND get a medal. I love me some bling.
3. This awesome half marathon runs into Canada which is pretty cool because it’s like a whole other country. (Hee hee…)
4. I ADORE working the Women’s Running Magazine booth because I get to meet and speak with so many runners. From first timers to people who’ve run over 50 marathons, it never gets old. It’s really like working at a runner’s Disneyland.
5. Lots of time with my girl D. She is who hooked me up with this sweet side gig and she’s a lot of fun to travel and work with. Not to mention, she totally kicks butt as a runner. The woman can fly.
6. I need a little trip. A little change of scenery. And of course, a little break from the heat. It is supposed to be 86 degrees today. A did I mention how humid it is – still?
7. EXPO STUFF! Ok fine, I’m sure some of the stuff is not needed, but I have found some really great deals at expos.
8. Greektown. Detroit has a delicious Greektown filled with nothing but, yep, you guessed it, Greek restaurants. Dalmades here I come!
9. Possibly seeing THIS GUY.
10. I love to travel. Period.
What are you thankful for today?
I am a big whore for training run bling. HAVE FUN!
oh, and give the redhead some sloppy kisses for me! because I never will. I don't like to be touched.
Looking forward to meeting up with all of you on Saturday….GO STATE!!
Can't wait to meet you tomorrow at the expo! I didn't realize you're running the half too, maybe I'll see you at the start line! Have a safe flight!
Lol, on first read, I thought #8 said Geektown. Which I would totally visit and be excited about if it existed.
Have fun on your trip and eat some delicious Greek food for me. Greektown sounds amazing.
Have so much fun!
Oh, have a great "training run with a medal". I want to run Detroit one of these years.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
Have I mentioned how excited I am to see you?
Hope you have a fun trip and get to eat lots of tasty Greek food!
I am thankful that you are going to be in the big 'D'!
Oh good lord the Greek food there is amazing. If you get a chance go to Nikkis and get a feta pizza too (also very formidable greek food). Not doing Detroit this year, but planning on doing the full next year as my first marathon. Good luck to you, and looking forward to the review.
I am thankful for not having to go to work today! That would be fun to work at the Womens Running booth and get to meet so many fun people.
I am thankful that race weekend is next weekend. Final 70.3 of the year has finally arrived.
I'll be stopping by to say hello too!
Have a great weekend!!! Enjoy the race, but then again, you always seem to enjoy everything.
Love, love, love Greek food. Eat some falafel for me!
Thankful for inspirational blogs..and now that it's the weekend:)
Can't wait to hear a race recap!
Have an awesome trip!!!
Have tons of fun!!! Very cool that you will be running in TWO countries! Do you need to carry your passport?! LOL!!
It was so nice to meet you yesterday! Now following you, looking forward to catching up on your blog :).
i'm really slow on the uptake. do you actually work at women's running magazine?
Hope I can see you in Miami!! I'll be out cheering on a lot of other folks and would love to meet you!