Like all things in life, when one door closes (or you kick it’s arse shut) another door opens.
My first step is to join a gym with a pool. There are so many options and I really like the gym close to the mall. That way I can treat myself after to ice cream yogurt. Or shoes!
With all that said my thankfulness comes in a list form this week(shocking, I know) AND you all can just call me Polyanna from here on out.
Today, I am thankful for:
1. Freedom. It’s a beautiful thing to come and go as you please.
2. Freakonomics. New book for the week. Interesting stuff. Google it.
3. Tom Petty. “You got lucky babe, when I found you…” “And I’m free, free falling…” “She was an American girl, raised on promises…”
4. Acrylic nails before a big event. They just look sexy, I can’t help but stare at my hands while I type. Sorry in advance for mad typos.
5. The spray tan. Unlike Ross on friends, I have perfected the standing position and turns for the appropriate spray amount so I don’t look like Donatella Versace. It goes with #4 as a must for a big event.
6. An awesome wedding date. Honestly, you have to bring someone you don’t have to worry about AND who can do the stanky leg with the best of them. Thanks D!
7. Thursday morning medium long runs. These are really good runs for me to think. It’s just me, my shoes, and the pavement. (Well, unless you count the damn acorn kids.)
8. Easter candy. Cadbury eggs hellooooo!
9. The boob cheese guy. That story is just so gross and hilarious all at the same time. Click here to read it.
10. Travel. I am only 2 months away from a much needed vacation. I love to travel and can’t wait to dig my toes in some unfamiliar sand….hmmm…guess I better get back on the fit train for sure…beach season is calling…
Happy Thursday dudes and dudettes.
That cheese guys is… interesting. Freakonomics is a book I'd like to read and the only thing better than acrylic nails is acrylic toenails. Maintenance is only every 6 weeks and my toes always look awesome! Have fun at the wedding!
TRAVEL is always a necessity. I hope you enjoy it.
Tom Petty is pretty amazing.
Enjoy your day–the nails, spray tan and upcoming wedding celebration.
Thank you for letting me be myself, again!!!!!! Happy Friday Eve!
Spray tan? Really? You live in Florida for God's sake!
Love the list and of course we care… spray tan – did that once and it turned out fine.
Yay for Tom Petty: "it was a beatiful day, the sun beat down, I had the radio on, I was drivin'. Runnin' down a dream."
Tom Petty "You got lucky" one of my favorite all time videos
Glad you're back to your regularly scheduled Polyanna stuff 🙂 I still get my nails done, going on 14 years – bad I know but I really like the permanet french manicure. I just REALLY hate having to carve out a couple of hours to get them done!
Have a good Thursday!
Hmm, boob cheese just doesn't sound right.
I live in Florida also, but common a spray tan? Then taking a vacation to a beach instead of using the one you have? (Just kiddin', I know how you feel. A vacation is more relaxing 'away' from home.)
Fun, fun, and more fun!
Glad you've got so many exciting fun plans coming up.
The Ross spray tan incident is one of my favorite Friends episodes. 🙂
Hi! I just found your blog from ChicRunner. Please explain how to perfect the spray tan. I end up all blotchy and gross (probably becuase I sweat too much). I have a wedding coming up and actually am going to a tanning bed. Don't tell anyone. haha.
I am thankful for your "I like speed work and I cannot lie…" blog. I know it has been around a while, but I still find myself telling people about it. For example, I told Pete about it this morning as we were stretching at the end of our track workout. In fact, I am going to send him the link now! By the way, I bet your nails look awesome! Hope you have a fab time at the wedding this weekend!
i'm glad you are feeling better! love the list and oh am i so excited for cadbury eggs..yay!
Yeah for the wedding! Have a great time. I'll see you Sunday!
Sounds like things are looking up. Hopefully you had a great weekend and an even better week.
I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.