Today I’m thankful for:
1. Master’s swim. Today was my first ever master’s swim and I must admit, I was worried last night that I wouldn’t be able to hang. However, I did pretty well this AM and even though I cut the workout short (so I had the use of my arms tomorrow) it’s the farthest I’ve swam in while.
2. The Hunger Games. Yup, I’m a full on HG nerd now. I finished book one in less than a week (not that it’s a hard read or anything) and cannot wait for the movie. Red and I are adopting “May the odds be ever in your favor” as our new mantra. Nerds Unite!
3. Good runs with good friends. The bestie, P-Funk, and I ran together last night. It’s the first time we’ve run just the two of us in a while. It was perfect running weather and we chatted the entire way. The five miles flew by and I felt good.
4. Hilarious comments on this here blog. For example, yesterday after my Pee Wee post Mr. It’s All About Pace commented, “I’m a rebel Dottie.” Hahaha! And the always funny Lindsay from Chasing the Kenyans commented on my Gasparilla post about being genetically over-heated, “We must all have the same genetics – I don’t know anyone who loves sweating in the blazing sun. Congrats on the PR tomato face!” You guys kill me.
5. Coca-cola. I gave up soda for Lent and while I don’t give a crap about having another Sierra Mist as long as I live, I’m missing Coca-Cola. I don’t drink them too often but giving up the occasional ones I do have has been tough. I’ll be very happy to have one after my first tri of the season in April. I’m going to save it for after that race as a reward to myself.
6. New Friends. From the new guys and gals who joined the running group to the new peeps I’ve been meeting at other running and tri events, I’m so thankful to add new and wonderful people into my life. Queue the Girls Scouts song….make new friends, but keep the old…
7. Slow work weeks. Since we’ve hit a slow-ish period at work, I’m so thankful to get a little repreive from massive amounts of emails and phone calls asking me “quick questions,” that are never truly quick.
8. Guava and cheese pastries. These are so not on my healthy items list, but they are so delicious. A friend at work (Hi C!) bought me one for my birthday and they brought me right back to my childhood. In Tampa, you can’t grow up without having one of these traditional Cuban desserts.
9. Being a Godmother. My sister officially asked me to be Baby R’s Godmother on Saturday at her shower. I cried.
10. Beach season! I love the beach and can’t wait to get back out there and frollick. Yeah, that’s right. I’mma frollick. Don’t judge.
What are you thankful for today?
one is silver and the other is gold! 🙂
Glad you are having such a happy thankful day, maybe some of that will rub off on me from reading this!! Wind has me grumpy here..
Frollick away!! You are one of the lucky ones that can get away with that. Frollicking in a bathing suit is not made for me.. 🙂
Can't wait to go to the beach!! And those Cuban pasteries are delish. My fav is the plain guava one. However I do love me some guava with cream cheese by itself.
I wish I could go to a masters swim! But because I live in the middle of BFE that would be another $50 on top of our gym membership and 40 mile round trip.. UGH I have mentioned lately I hate it here. Oh sorry I'm supposed to be thankful 🙂
I'm thankful for a day off tomorrow to run the croom trails…
and for the Hunger Games info… I had heard the name but now I'm off to find the book.
loving the hunger games too! so lucky my students have them and they are nice enough to let me borrow it!! what runnin club are you in? I am interested in joining one and always looking for a good recommendation for some slow folks 🙂
I'm thankful today for Spike already having book 3 of HG so I didn't loose my mind last night when I finished book 2! LOL!
I wanna frolic………..
Thankful for my wife. She had an interview today and is jumping out of her skin happy. That makes me happy and thankful for her in my life.
I'm a big fan of the frolic…..when it's in season!
I love beach season, too! Is it officially open now? Bring on the bikinis!
Guava pastries rock. I don't eat them very often but when I do, I eat them…very…slowly. YUM!
Ugh…Hunger Games…sure it is better than Twilight but that isn't saying much. But, if I was Maymitch whlie you were running your 15K I would have sent you one of those umbrella hats because I also suffer from the hot and angry sun…and I'm also a Champion.
HUNGER GAMES! So Excited about that! Also the beginning of Game of Thrones… and warm weather, not that we had much of a winter here this year… still. Can't wait to get on my bike! Yey!
what a blessed day you had! Thanks for sharing with us!
i need to read the HG books. been hearing about them for awhile obviously but i am a lazy reader!
and the godmother request is awesome!!!
master's swim = terrifying.
I love masters swim! Glad you were able to do it! I know it can be initimidating and probably really depends on the group.
Oh – HUNGER GAMES – I cannot wait for the movie to come out! I was a little late to the party in readong the book. I just finished book one about a week or two ago. I guess it kind of worked out because it is fresh in my mind.