It’s Thursday all ready? What the crap. My week has been uber busy. Let’s see classes started for my students, classes started for me (MBA), I did a little (very little, Old Wonky lurks) running, a little cross training, and some other awesome things that I may share at a later date. You all know how I am superstitious about certain things.
Anyway, I thought I’d switch it up this week and do a travel edition. I have a trip to Key Largo coming up, followed by a trip to New York City (NEW YORK CITY?!?) Sorry couldn’t help myself.
So here in no particular order is why I am thankful for travel.
1. Florence, Italy. Love it there. Have been twice and can’t wait to go back. I would never get tired of this bustling city.
2. Not cleaning up after myself. Sorry, but I love a hotel. Big fan of leaving the bed unmaid and then coming back and Voila! Clean, awesomeness. I imagine this is what it’s like to have elves.
3. Booze. I don’t know about you all but I love a margarita in Mexico, a glass of red in Italy, a beer in Lakeland, and a cosmo in New York. A drink just seems better when travelling.
4. Shopping. Uh, yeah, like I would leave this out. Bloomie’s take me away…..
5. Changes in latittitudes, changes in attitudes. I always come back from a trip having learned something new about myself. Like, I can’t read maps in Italian. Score!
6. Lloyd. Of course I love him more than I love running (Gasp!) however, I do enjoy not walking him at 6 AM for a day or two. Oh, how my neighbor’s must love getting a break from hearing me yell, “Poop already ya crazy dog!” at the butt crack of dawn every day. (You know Mommy loves you Lloyd, please don’t hijack the blog while I’m gone….)
7. New foods. I’m an adventurous eater while travelling. I want to try anything and everything. If I have never eaten it and it seems foreign count me in. Squirrel? Don’t mind if I do.
8. Different climates. What did you say that was? Snow? Never heard of it.
9. Airplane food. Just kidding. That stuff sucks.
10. Coming home. Nothing will make you appreciate your home like travel. It’s good to go, but usually always good to get back. With a tan. And some new shoes.
So friends, what are you thankful for today?