If you all haven’t noticed, I really haven’t been posting a lot lately. Quite frankly, I haven’t had a whole lot to talk about. I guess you could say I’m dealing with the old blogger writer’s block. That and I don’t want to write 18 posts about my hamstring injury (even though it’s on the mend).
I do have a lot of really great things going on in my life right now and I’ve got a lot to be thankful for. This means that it’s time for one my favorite things: A LIST!
Today, I’m thankful for:
1. Social Media. I am not lying when I say that facebook and twitter have brought me lots of awesome. And by awesome I mean: opportunities, friendships, ideas, etc. Yes, there have been times when social media has annoyed me but that’s few and far between. Because when used the right way these outlets are more beneficial than harmful.
2. Free yoga. I’ve gone to the free yoga held downtown in my city on Sundays three weeks in a row now and I’m really enjoying it and seeing the benefits. I love hot yoga but I’ve come to enjoy the standard flow and since it’s free and outdoors it’s heaven! I still have to work on my shavasana cause lord knows I’m terrible at relaxing but again it’s outside and free. Love!
3. FitLife Foods. This shop located nearby is awesome for pre-made meals. They are quick and healthy and I don’t feel so bad when I pop one of these in the microwave versus eating cereal or popcorn for dinner. I admit that I don’t cook as much as I should and at least I get more nutritious, tasty meals this way.
4. This little guy. I love him so much and am so thankful to be his aunt.
|I love sleeping, eating, pooping, and long walks on the beach.|
5. My 5K is shaping up quite nicely. I was so nervous when we got the permits and the ball really started rolling for my first ever 5K (co-directed by Lazy Runner) but now things are really falling into place and I’m so glad it’s looking like it will be a great event. Here’s hoping race day goes smoothly!
6. Random emails. I probably shouldn’t admit that I have two groups of friends who randomly email me throughout the week. One group is blogger gal buddies and those threads surround fitness but are always entertaining. The other thread is friends who like to email hilarious photos and websites. These emails help get me through the week and I’m often LOL’ing at my desk. Sorry co-workers….
7. Cycling. I have no idea who this person is that enjoys cycling. Dare I say that I’m getting the same warm and fuzzies while looking at Dolly as I do while looking at my running shoes? Seriously. Who am I?
|No really. ENOUGH!|
9. Being in my 30’s. I mean it. I feel so much better in my 30’s then I ever did in my 20’s. I was discussing this with a friend and we were laughing at the ridiculous things we did when we were 20. They say youth is wasted on the young but you couldn’t pay me a million dollars to go back to my youth. It was loads of fun but there is definitely a lot to be said for experience and the confidence you gain as you get older.
10. The Hemsworth brothers. I’m in my thirties, not dead. Heh.
|I know you’re both “taken” but what does that really mean in Hollywood?|
What are you thankful for today?
Oh those Hemsworth brothers!!! I am drooling at my desk.
(hands over a box of kleenex)
i, too, am thankful for social media. i've painted myself into a corner wrt IRL friends, and am leaning pretty heavily on my online/IRL friends. (BoB, we NEED to meet! ahahaha, 'cause, you know, YOU DA BOUSE!)
i am thankful for 2nd and third chances, and hoping for a fourth.
So many things to comment on!!!!
1. Social Media the answer to and cause of all of life's problems. 🙂
2. Eating popcorn for dinner is perfectly acceptable… isn't it?
3. I lurve your nephew.
4. I wish I could be there to support you with your 5k. 🙁 I feel like such a poopy friend for not being there!!! BUT, I know you guys are going to do a fantastic job and everyone is going to be excited to run it again next year.
5. I love our email group. We are hilarious.
6. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO tired of this song and that comic is by far the greatest thing to ever come from it.
I'm thankful for my girls. Watching them grow is the best gift. You are so right about not wanting to go back to your 20s. I don't to go back either. My 30s have been the best so far!
What about random emails of terrible author names? LOL.
Apparently Liam Hemsworth is engaged to Miley Cyrus. Barf.
I too am thankful for your nephew (my son). And for my awesome family that has been helping me with being a new mom. I love popcorn and cereal for dinner. I should try fit life foods.
LOL, yeah I glad to be in my thirties(again), I would kill to be in my twenties….. you know fast I was??????
Hey, what's wrong with cereal for dinner?
Oh the 30s……I supposedly have 1.5 years left here but according to USAT I am going to be in the 40-44 AG in 2013 and that was a slap in the face. When I registered for 70.3 San Juan last week and age popped up it showed that 40-44 and I just about shit my pants.
WTF is 40? Not me and I tried to change it but it wouldn't let me. M'fers.
I've been pretty inconsistent lately with my blogging too but hey it's life! I've been loving my 30s too!
I didn't know what the Batman thing referenced, and I had to look it up. Honestly, sometimes I'm not sure I exist on the same planet. I never hear these things. I'm not old enough to be this "out of it."
A wise old man once told me that you figure out who you are in your 20's, then in your 30's you live it!
You mean the emails that us crazy FB friends send you?! You're welcome! Yay for stupidity! haha
What is wrong with you and Morgan?!? Best song ever!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to flash mob both of you with that song. Ohh yeahhh. Get ready. Cause I just met you.
As I reach nearing 40, I am thankful for all the trials and tribulations I've over come…xoxo
30's rock. always.
My 30s totally rocked and now my 40s are even better. Promise!
You are so right about the social media thing. It is crazy how cyber friends (some we barely know or never met) can bring such joy in our lives. 🙂
Oh and your nephew is just beautiful.
Ditto on the social media, and oooooh cutie pie baby!!