I’m having a really good week. Like a really awesome-I-love-my-life week. These weeks are sometimes hard to come by so I am going to relish in it while I have it. (This week is totally puppies shitting rainbows.) There isn’t really one thing that has made this week so awesome it’s just been a lot of little things. You pick up what I’m putting down? Yeah. It’s list time.
Today I’m thankful for:
1. Tweeting with my sister. She is hysterical and always posts adorable photos of my nephew. I love seeing him as much as I can. I want to eat him up.
2. Emailing with this one about her upcoming nuptials. She is one of the most talented people I know. This girl can make anything. Everything she has crafted has come out amazing. I’m so impressed with everything she has chosen and created for her big day thus far. The invitations are so fun and fabulous, just like her.
3. Swimming with a new group that pushed me. I definitely needed to spice things up in the pool and Stephanie invited me out to swim with her and some other bloggers. It was the push I needed. Swimming drills with closed fists are hard! Oh and going from short course to long course? Forget it. My brain kept repeating “WhereIsTheWallWhereIsTheWall?” You can read Meals and Miles blogger, Meghann’s recap here (photos yay!).
4. Speaking of swimming, I was fairly nervous heading to this swim because it was a new group and I didn’t want to barf or drown or do anything to completely embarrass myself so I sent a text to Katie and she had some words of encouragement. “You will be ok. I promise.” Thanks girl. I needed that.
5. Totally 80’s themed run tonight. I cannot wait for this run. I got to Wal-Mart early this morning to find some 80’s gear. I found a pretty “rad” shirt and some killer jelly bracelets. I’ll post photos from the event tomorrow.
6. While at Wal-Mart I saw this shirt and it cracked me up. Totally me right?
7. Upcoming mini-vacation/training weekend with three of the best tri friends around! I cannot wait for our beach weekend where we’ll swim, bike, run and laugh. BAMF Training Camp here we come!
8. I implemented a recovery beverage after some of my harder workouts and it was recommended by Jason, who definitely knows a lot about nutrition. I am a total idiot when it comes to eating for triathlon intense workouts so I can always take the input! He recommend Herbalife’s Endurance and I’m really loving it. Today I made it with some oats and blueberries. Yum!
9. Half Ironman training is going really well. I finally found my groove and am not as exhausted as I was the first week back. Granted, I’m sleepy from going to bed too late last night but I still swam this morning and don’t feel run down. Here’s hoping this continues because the month of August is a big one in terms of training.
10. The Olympics, duh? It’s the best stuff ever. Seriously. I’ll watch any event that’s on. I don’t even care what it is. I love the stories about the athletes. I love the drama (badminton scandal!). I love all of it. I cannot wait for track and field!
Happy Thursday friends! What are you thankful for today?