Man, oh man, I am having terrible writer’s block. Gone are the days when everything in running and triathlon were new. It was all shiny and exciting and I had a blog post idea with every step out the front door. Today, I ran about 6 miles and all I have to write about that is that it’s still humid in Florida in July. The End.
But fear not, dear readers. I searched the googles far and wide and found a topic I definitely could write about. And it’s in list form, my absolute favorite. Behold! Ten things I’m loving right NOW. This could 100% change tomorrow but as I write this I’m eyeballing a Clif Bar so this list should hold true for at least a week. Ha! Here we go….
- Clif Bars. After the ironman, way back in 2014 (time flies!), I became quite sick of Clif Bars. In fact, until last week they made me gag a little to look at them. However, the other day when I needed a filling snack, I grabbed my go to white chocolate macadamia nut flavor and it was divine all over again. I also noticed they have a bunch of new (or new to me) flavors so I stocked up. They have a toffee caffeinated one! Say what!
- Fitlife Foods! While I’m on a food topic, I have been getting my lunches from a local favorite, Fitlife Foods. It’s really helped me eat much healthier for lunch. I’ve lamented in the past that I suck at food prep and I never know what to eat so I end up spending money eating out far too often. Enter, Fitlife. Every Sunday they bag up five small meals for me and I am set for the week. The small meals come to about $40 per week and that is far less expensive than eating out every day. The food is also delicious, fresh and not chock full of calories.
- Float Therapy. See my last post for a review on this. I can’t stop, won’t stop.
- Stranger Things. This Netflix TV series was a blast to watch! And it featured float pods…but not in a good way. It’s sci-fi meets Stephen King meets The Goonies. Total fun!
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople. The S.O. and I went to see this movie on Saturday at our favorite historical theatre and it was so sweet. It’s a comedy set in New Zealand, and if you watched Flight of the Concords or What We Do In The Shadows, you’ll recognize a few of the actors. I don’t think it’s in theaters for long so go see it. Right. Now. #RickyBaker
- The Beach. Ok, well apologies on this one if you’re landlocked, but I cannot get enough of the beach right now. I’ve found the perfect little beach park that is hidden and well away from the current crush of tourists nearby. I bought a new chair and have lots of books to read so I can’t wait to go again this weekend.
- Hydroquinone. Let me get real with y’all for a sec. I get melasma (AKA hyperpigmentation) on my forehead and upper lip (like a mustache, yay.) during the summer. Yes, I use gobs of sunscreen, but it always sneaks in. This cream from the dermatologist works really well. Do I love that I have to use it? No. But I do love that it works. I’m not going to let a little hyperpigmentation stop me from going to the beach.
- Stephen King’s Bill Hodges trilogy. These three Stephen King novels were fun to read. They aren’t super heavy and I found myself waiting in anticipation for the final one, End of Watch, to come out back in June. If you are looking for an old fashioned crime drama with a signature King twist, then this series won’t disappoint.
- Prisma App and the Goodreads App. Totally different apps, but both worth putting on your phone. Prisma is a cool photo editing app that turns your photos into art. And Goodreads is a MUST for bookworms. It helps me keep track of what I’ve read and look for new reads. I’ve found the rating system to be helpful too.
- Oolong & Green Tea. I don’t know how I’m just now hopping on the tea bandwagon but I’m enjoying an afternoon cup. I like the taste of both of these teas unsweetened and I like that they have a bit of caffeine.
That’s it for now! Tell me, what are your favorite things right now?
This is the first time I ever got malasma- is your medicine prescription or over the counter? I hear there is such a hefty price tag on the prescription
It’s prescription, but you can get it over the counter it’s just a lower does.