1. I am tired. I may have overdone it last week/weekend. Swam-biked-ran my way to a two hour nap post Bunny cake making yesterday and still went to bed at 9 PM.
2. Am currently having dreams of triathlon. I wake up sweating and wondering what the hell I’ve gotten myself into this weekend.
3. If you poop your pants while riding your bike during a race, should you
A. stop riding and change your shorts?
B. keep riding and tell those passing you that you’re sorry for the smell?
C. keep riding and hope it makes those wanting to pass you stop riding?
4. How many sharks could there really be in the ocean that are hungry at 7:50 AM? Don’t they eat at night?
5. Am starting to think that the Speedo swimsuit tan lines of my youth have returned and I’ll continue to have the whitest stomach on the beach next to those Canadians.
6. Running has never been more precious to me than it is right now.
7. Me and Dolly may have had a minor breakthrough yesterday when I stopped twice and wasn’t screaming in my head “RIGHT FOOT OUT! RIGHT FOOT DOWN!”
8. Eating lunch out of the office on Mondays can lead to better performance upon return. Or….better blog writing.
9. I really want aero bars for Dolly now. I know that’s nuts since I just started to feel comfortable on the bike, but why not? What’s a eleventy million more dollars?
10. I am totally STOKED for some interviews I have lined up with some amazing female athletes. Stay tuned…
Oh and happy Monday.
I was thinking the same thing about aero bars. And then I told myself to calm the hell down. Maybe next year. 🙂
I am with you on the aero bars. Hopefuly I can spring for some soon. NOT that I would be comfortable enough on the bike to use them right now… ha ha. Have a great race! St. Anthony's is supposed to be a nice one 🙂
#1 – welcome to being a triathlete. on saturday i took a 2 hour nap and went to bed at 7:15. blue plate special time.
About sharks: I got bit in the evening hours, so that supports your idea in #4. Unfortunately, my buddy got bit around 7am so there goes that idea 🙂
Early morning and also around dusk are generally feeding times for the men in grey suits.
I don't think you will have to worry about 3 or 4!! My dreams of triathlons always involve me being late for the start and the course changing to this weird urban obstacle through buildings. Funny post!
Sharks have poor eyesight so they don't really care what time it is. As for the aero-bars, don't do them until you are very confident in your bike handling skills. There are affordable options when you're ready. Good luck at your tri!
I've only been on a handful of rides (2 over 20 miles) and zero races and I really want aerobars!
So my friend has a plan to work on tan lines…always incorporate backstroke during your outdoor swim workouts. That way you get even sun coverage on your front and back!
#3=C for sure. It can be to your advantage.
Sharks: freaks me out. I hope you're safe and don't look like a thrashing injured fish underwater.
Good luck this weekend! I'm sure you'll do great!