This bad boy brought to you by the blog post scheduler!
I have already done my Top Ten Halloween Movies so I figured I should do the Top Ten Halloween Songs. Some of them aren’t really Halloween songs, but they lend themselves very well to the holiday and make me think of this fantastic super duper amazing holiday in some way. Just go with me here folks. LIST LIST LIST HERE IS THE LIST!
10. Black Magic Woman, Santana. The guitar god himself makes this song spooky and rockin’ enough only the way he can. Plus, I like to fancy myself a black magic woman…
9. Monster Mash, Bobby “Boris” Pickett and the Cryptkickers. So yeah this is one is totally obvious but it’s such a classic. My Halloween is not complete unless I hear it.
8. Bad Moon Rising, Creedence Clearwater Revival. First of all, I love me some CCR. Pops did too. This song is like a warning about the ghosties and ghoulies that are on the way.
7. Don’t Fear the Reaper, Blue Oyster Cult. This song makes me think of Stephen King and that makes me think of all things scary and thus Halloween pops in my brain. I love Halloween. Not sure I mentioned that.
6. I Put a Spell on You, Screamin’ Jay Hawkins. This song is such a classic and his voice is so perfectly suited for it. He put a spell on me and he means it!
5. Ghostbusters, Ray Parker Jr. Another well duh song for this list. The movie is great, but the song really does it for me. I also like how he says the ghost likes the girls. Kinky ghost no?
4. Let’s Do The Time Warp Again, from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It’s funny but just the other day, Fist Deep and I did the entire dance in the parking lot before a run. Yep. Good times.
3. Thriller, Michael Jackson. Groundbreaking video, Vincent Price’s voice over, and one of MJ’s best songs. The dance from the video alone must have been duplicated millions of times at this point. I know I have done my very own B.o.B.-alicious version many, many times.
2. Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon. Love, love, love this song. It always paints such a funny picture when I think of that werewolf going to a Chinese restaurant. Sing it with me — Aaaahwoooo! Werewolves of London!
1. Dead Man’s Party, Oingo Boingo. Creepy and 80’s all at the same time! Plus it’s in an excellent Rodney Dangerfield movie, Back to School. As a matter of fact I love this song so much I paid the two bucks to make it my ring tone for the Halloween season.
Ah, don’t you all feel better about about your upcoming Halloween parties now? I basically gave you a 100% get ’em dancing list.
Running blog to resume tomorrow. I am more than likely still freezing my butt off in Detroit. And hopefully meeting TNT Coach Ken.
I was thoroughly enjoying the list and I guess I just took it for granted that THRILLER would be #1. Im sorry but with all due respect you missed that one!!! THRILLER IS THE BEST. I love the list nonetheless.
I love me some Boingo! I am now awaiting your Top Ten List of Halloween Costumes you have worn – pictures required.
Ok totally, totally unrelated to this blog topic. But, I've been wondering , since I found your blog, what on earth the Tony the Tiger item is on your picture in the pile of running goodies. Tony the tiger is the man. Actually, he's Grrrreat.
Solid list. You heart halloween! 🙂 so fun!
I Put A Spell On You always reminds of Hocus Pocus. Killer kiddie Halloween flick!
Love the list. In fourth grade, I was in a summer school class and as part of the class we did the Thriller dance. I was such a loser.
Great list– I cannot believe you came up with that many (creepy) songs! Now Thriller is in my damn head and I can't get it out- Thanks a lot 🙂