As much as I’d love to be able to actually head to Vegas or take a vacation to somewhere quiet and soothing, my budget and closely guarded vacation days don’t always allow for that. I obviously have to find something less costly and that I can do with less logistical effort.
I’d like to say that my stress relief is working out but that’s not always the case. Sometimes I’m stressed from a tough training week and I just want to get in a bubble bath and read with a nice glass of wine. (And by nice I mean $3 Trader Joe’s. Haha.) A bubble bath is my standard go to for unwinding at home. I love reading, so a good book helps but sometimes I just want to soak til I’m prune-y and not think about anything.
I found a few stress relief tips online and figured I’d share those with guys. I cherry picked the ones I thought were the best. I mean, I suppose you could do tai chi at your desk….
- Meditate. I think this is where you just sorta sit quietly and say “Om. Oooooom. Oooooooooom.” Seems legit.
- Breathe deeply. I do this a lot when I feel like I’m going to go postal on someone. It has saved many lives.
- Listen to music. I don’t think they mean any club bangers here, probably some of that Enya shit.
- Yoga in your pjs. Because downward dog is way more fun in footed pjs while your upward actual dog licks your face.
- Write down your worries. I say write them down and if the list starts getting really long, then revert to #2 of this list.
- Think of something good that’s happened today. Duh, you read this blog.
Speaking of Vegas, I’m actually thinking about going after IM Chattanooga as a celebration/vacation. The S.O. loves him some poker and I love me some In-N-Out Burger so it’s a win-win (with a side of possibly running the Vegas 1/2).
How do you de-stress and let loose?
Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!