1. I may be buying a new bike real soon.
2. I secretly hope a new bike will turn me into a cycling goddess, but I suspect it will not.
3. I’m real tired. I’ve had an uber busy week.
4. I am hoping to see a freind next weekend that I haven’t seen a very long time. She isn’t on ANY social media sites (whereas I’m on all of them) and I have zero idea what she’s been up to. It’s been fun to imagine different scenarios. Like what if I show up to meet her and she’s eight months pregnant? Or what if she decided to shave her head bald? (I have a weird imagination, I know.)
5. The S.O. and I have signed up for a 5K on Sunday.
6. I am thinking I’ll be slow but whatevs. I’d like to see where I am right now with my running. It has to be a better time that my last 5K with that giant freaking bridge.
7. Speaking of bridges, I met up with some friends Thursday at 5:30 AM to run bridges. There were kids hanging out at the beach. I assume they never went to bed. I cannot even imagine how I used to do that myself. Redbull and vodka probably.
8. Father’s Day always makes me a little sad but it also reminds of how lucky I am to have had such an amazing dad.
9. I’ve been seriously thinking about my diet. There are so many bloggers who eat so healthily it’s shaming me into trying harder.
10. I found a lovely pool near my new home that is just wonderful. And they have long course in the morning!
11. Long course is exhausting. Where is the wall? Where is the wall!?!?
12. Last night I sang the entire theme song of Different Strokes to the S.O. and his buddy.
13. I’m SUPER excited about the upcoming Cystic Fibrosis Cycle for Life event. I’m on the volunteer board and I love seeing how a ride is put together. Sign up for the Tampa ride HERE. Donate to my fundraising HERE. Read an amazing story about a little girl with CF who got a lung transplant HERE.
14. I can’t get enough of this song.
TGIF friends! Got any confessions for me?
CF is an awful, awful, awful disease. Thank you for supporting this cause. A dear friend loat his battle with CF last year, so this really hits close to home for me. THANK YOU, and your awesomeness!
I often feel like that too. If only I had a different bike I would be much faster! If only it were that simple.
Maybe if I fit on your bike I'll be able to suddenly ride a bike and do a half IM! 🙂 Oh I'm dreaming?
I love Robin Thicke, but I love Alan Thicke even more. Confession.;)
A lot going on for you right now! What kind of bike are you looking at? You already rock at cycling but I know that when I got my new bike it may not have made me faster, but mentally it made me more confident (if that makes any sense).
Blogging really does make you think about diet, seeing what everyone else does. Biggest thing is make sure you do what's right for you!
That is so awesome you are helping out with the CF ride, its a cause that is near and dear to my heart. My brother in law has CF and I do a lot to support the foundations around here for it.