Happy Birthday to me! Since I’m turning 32 today I’ve compiled two lists with 32 items. Fortunately for you all I’m not turning 82 or this would take forever. These 32 years have seen some ups and downs with the ups far outweighing the downs. Thus far my life has been pretty awesome. I have a great family, amazing friends, and a job that keeps a roof over my head. I honestly cannot complain.
Since some of you, no doubt, have yet to send your gifts, I’ll let you know what you can give me this year. Your gift to me is to continue to share your lives and keep reaching for that next goal. Thanks for reading and inspiring me. It’s what keeps this blogger going.
In my first 32 years I have:
1. Completed 6 marathons.
2. Gone skydiving.
3. Been to Europe.
4. Been to Mexico.
5. Finally made a snow angel.
6. Learned to ride a bike.
7. Learned to ride a bike with clipless pedals.
8. Swam with a dolphin.
9. Swam next to big sleeping manatees.
10. Won a beauty pageant. (Yup. Kill me.)
11. Was a member of a live studio audience for a game show. (The Weakest Link.)
12. Fallen in love.
13. Adopted a dog from a rescue group. Love you Lloyd Doggler!
14. Gone whitewater rafting.
15. Kissed a stranger.
16. Eaten oysters, escargot, and sea urchin.
17. Flown in a helicopter.
18. Been to the Louvre in Paris.
19. Gotten a tattoo. Or three.
20. Completed a mud run.
21. Been heartbroken.
22. Acted in a play.
23. Had a reading from a psychic.
24. Swam in the Mediterranean.
25. Gone to numerous hot yoga classes.
26. Farted in numerous hot yoga classes.
27. Visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.
28. Gotten a college degree.
29. Met DMX, Method Man, and Gavin Rossdale. Yes, totally random and not that exciting.
30. Contributed to charities and volunteered.
31. Been in a television commercial. So what if I was ten?
32. Started a blog.
In my next 32 years I want to….
1. Eat Beluga Caviar.
2. Complete a century ride.
3. Travel to Japan.
4. Spend the night in a haunted house.
5. See the Northern lights.
6. Sing 1 song well at Karaoke.
7. Get body painted.
8. Go on a for real camping and hiking trip (Yosemite!).
9. Ride every single ride at Cedar Point (even the spinny-vomity ones).
10. Run the Athens marathon.
11. Dance in the rain.
12. Buy a house.
13. Cook something super complicated (I’ll take suggestions on this please).
14. Try a week of eating only fruits and veggies.
15. Go on a safari to do the list item below.
16. Ride an elephant, camel, or llama.
17. Read a “classic” that I missed in school (War and Peace, A Tale of Two Cities, etc).
18. Ski or snowboard (I swear I will ski or snowboard before I die!).
19. Paddleboard and/or surf.
20. Drive a race car (test track of course).
21. Visit Ireland.
22. Take my soon-to-be born nephew to as many cool places as I can afford and his parents will let me.
23. Learn to play poker.
24. Grow and keep a plant alive.
25. Knit a scarf or socks or anything really.
26. Own a jar of La Mer.
27. Read the Bible in it’s entirety.
28. Get married and have some kids. Get married and have some kids. Get married and have some kids. Get married and have some kids. Get married and have some kids.
29. Get an article published in a magazine.
30. Go on a game show.
31. Say the following phrases and mean them: “Quick, follow that car!”, “I’ve been kicked out of better places than this!”, “Go ahead, make my day.”
32. Be thankful for every single day.
love both lists. of course, you know i've taken notes like i did w/your 100 list and we will have to schedule about 3 hours at the least, to discuss. count me in for snowboarding, SUPing, and every single ride at Cedar Point! I wish you another wonderful 32 years, happy birthday my friend!
I love reading your stuff Beth! Hope you have an awesome birthday. And i'm super jelly right now (:
16 yr old me is OMG jealous you met Gavin Rossdale. 😉
And when you go to see the Northern Lights take me with you. That's on my list too.
Happy Birthday Beauty Queen!!!
I would like to keep a plant alive too… Maybe one day we will master this.
Damn Postal Service, the gift is in the mail! I'm writing them a nasty letter…….wait! Happy B.O.birthday Beth!
Happy Happy Bday! Love the completed and yet to do lists!
Happy birthday! I hope the next 32 years brings you as much learning and growth as the first 32 years did. Athens marathon is certainly a good bucket list item.
Happy Birthday!!! i love these lists!!!
On my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30 I want to go ghost hunting. So when you are ready to sleep in a haunted house, we should hit up Savannah or Charleston for some ghostly encounters
I recommend Tale of Two Cities. One of my favs.
Let me know if you need help with #7 on the second list.
Lloyd Doggler is a sweet a$$ dog name, at least to me, because my Cusack man-love runs pretty deep. Where's the link to this commercial? Give it up!
I'm excited to have been around for a few of those first 32 (hello snow angel this past weekend!) but even more excited to be around for all of the next 32. Love you so much my little Birfday girl!!!
Also, just go ahead and cross #18 off your list since you're going to Colorado with me soon enough for that ski/snowboard trip… 🙂 Furthermore, you do know that Cedar Point is a few hours drive away from me right?
Happy happy birthday!! I hear ya on the keeping a plant alive. I couldn't do this until I got an aloe plant as a gift. I have gone without watering that sucker for weeks and I still hasn't died.
Awesome lists! I too want to own a bottle of La Mer – that made me chuckle. And you must snowboard. You would be so good at it!!
Happy birthday! Good luck checking off those list items. Cheers!
love the DO list! happy birthday, friend!
That was the coolest list (both of them) ever! What a neat way to look at the past 32 years!
Can we have a picture of you in your beauty queen attire? I can't picture you with a tiara on your head! LOL
happy Birthday Kiddo. It's been such a pleasure to get to know you in the 1 year out of 32 and her is too many more.
Now this: Won a beauty pageant. (Yup. Kill me.)
Let me hear about it!!!!!
And for those 32 to go I will be patient and wait for your 33rd B-Day when it says: Meet Jason…haha!
Happy Birthday beautiful lady…I think I will 'borrow' your idea as I creep toward 40…this will make me feel better, I just know it. Thanks! Hope your day was wonderful!!!!!
Happy Birthday! I found your blog by way of the redhead and I've enjoyed the reading so keep it up!
Happy Birthday a day late (I sent you a separate note) – Hey – we can knock off that century ride in a couple of weeks! LOL
You really are amazing Beth.. I hate my birthday because I feel like my life is now just slipping away. You have such a wonderful spirit.
Happy Birthday!! Have fun with that list, and please please PLEASE write when you get to say #31 🙂
Very belated happy birthday!
Love that Athens Marathon goal. That is one thing that all marathoners with the financial capability should strive for. Running in the cradle of the sport. My wife and I and another couple have already scheduled our trip for 2015!
There are several items on the DO list that I'd love to join you on, though I just got back from my trip and see that all my tomatoes are fried. I'm always up for camping – Yosemite is outstanding!
Sorry to miss your birthday party – I'm sure it was a blast!
Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me–I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com