Thursday, April 29, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Please remind me that I said this while I gut out 20 miles in the Florida heat. I'm just ready to go. I don't know why, since I pretty much complained about my non-stop training in between the failed MCM and Gasparilla, but I'm ready to train again. I am officially bonkers. Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Nutters. Mental.
Hopefully as I start training for this tri my need for a spreadsheet will subside a bit. The tri training will really consist of some bike rides and some swims, since it's a sprint tri. I definitely need to practice my transitions since that last run-swim-run thing I did was a hot mess. (Remember how I lost my shorts? I rule.) In addition, of course, to getting on the scary, mean bike.
Anyone else feeling the need to train? And track? And sweat? And complain?
I can't wait for the training for marathon number 4 to begin.
Again, please remind me that I said all of this.
Happy, happy Tuesday.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Friday morning P-Funk, Hollster, and I went out for a nice 8 miler. After which we met up with Coach EK at Panera for some delicious breakfast and chit chat. I then headed to the office and finished out what was a super crazy work week.
This brings us to yesterday.
My company signed up for an event on St. Pete Beach that consisted of about 200 corporate teams playing various outdoor sports. It basically boiled down to a beach field day. The games played were dodgeball, volleyball, corn toss (or corn hole), tug o war, and a surf and turf relay.
Upon signing up for this event, I figured what the heck. I love the beach, I love some sports, and I find most of my co-workers enjoyable. And in all actuality it turned out to be a pretty fun day. Now, you all know that I can't compete in something with out it being a little discombobulated. Here's the run down of what happened in list form (but of course):
1. Tug O War: B.o.B. got to play the first round but was then benched after a stronger (bigger) woman from our company showed up. Who gets benched in tug o war? Me. However, our team went on to the finals but lost due to poor strategy. (Yeah, there is strategy in tug o war. Who knew?)
2. Volleyball: Thank God B.o.B. didn't have to play. She suck, suck, sucks at volleyball. But not to worry, my co-workers also suck, suck, suck at volleyball. In fact, had I played I could have been the star player. That's how bad we were.
3. Dodgeball. I was not on a dodgeball team, but our players were amazing. It was some of the fanciest dodging I have ever seen. Like poetry in motion. They must have had some practice sessions with Ben Stiller. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
4. Corn Toss. So, I consider myself a pretty darn good corn tosser (that sounds gross). However, we only got to play one game. I personally think it should have been the best two out of three as I was not warmed up. I was also not drinking, which I normally do while playing corn toss. Lesson learned. Sober corn toss = bad corn tossin' B.o.B.
5. Surf and Turf Relay. Wow. I don't even know where to start with this. Ok, here's how it goes. Four men carry one woman in an inner tube down to the water and then back up to a cone. She hops out of the tube and does the "dizzy bat." It's where you bend over a baseball ball and spin around 7 times. She then dizzily gets back into the tube and the men run her back to the start where a second woman jumps in and the process repeats. After these two turns, one man and one woman grab a kayak, head into the ocean, go around a buoy and come back to finish off the relay.
So I bet you are wondering which woman I was aren't you?
Won't that be awesome to watch at the next company meeting?
All in all, it was very fun and we had a lot of laughs. Today, I am sunburned, sore and sleepy. I'm thinking about skipping my recovery run, but we'll see how it goes.
I hope you all had great weekends.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
So today, I am thankful for Earth. Let's keep her clean by recycling, not littering, and only going #2 outside during a run when there is no other option!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Basically, nothing new. (Training for MCM will start soon enough, so let's all enjoy my nice weekly runs until I become a maniac again, shall we? Mmmkay.)
I have got to get out and hit the road on my bike. July is going to creep up out of nowhere and I'm gonna get dusted in that tri. Here's hoping my swimming skills can at least keep me from coming in dead last.
On a super side note, I have a question for you all. I recently came across a fan page on facebook called "How to date an endurance athlete." Pretty funny right? It got me thinking, are we difficult to date or be married to? I know a lot of you have significant others who aren't runners, swimmers, or bikers. How do they feel about your passion for these events? And have you ever gotten them to do an event with you?
I just figured this would be good food for thought. (Any may or may not apply to my life. Wink. Wink.)
Sunday, April 18, 2010
I am feeling much better. I'm still a little congested but my run yesterday seemed to help. I took the advice of most of you and just got out there and ran. We overshot our turn around and ran about 11 miles. Oops.
Tomorrow, as some of you may know, there is a little race in Boston. I know lots of bloggies are there, not too mention lots of BRA members. Speedy Jess, Tausha the Great, Navy Steve, Coach EK, Coach Tom, and Strawberry E are out there just to name a few. I got wind of the fact that a little redhead may have run a Boston 5K this AM... but I'll let her tell the tale. I'm so excited and nervous for all them. Should be a great race.
That being said, best of luck to all the Boston Marathoners. Don't let that Heartbreak Hill get you. If you need some inspiration this should do the trick.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Monday I skipped hills because Old Wonky was giving me the stink eye. Then on Tuesday I skipped running for delicious dinner date (this one was TOTALLY worth it). Wednesday I did the elliptical and some ab work. And last night I was at work until 11 PM on a special task force that was put together to fix what could have been a major snafu. And all this time, I've been snotty and sneezing.
I was thinking it was allergies, but I think I may need to just lock it up and admit that it's actually a cold. Booooo! Down with colds! Every time I get a cold I am so pissed that I can't or shouldn't run. At least that's what I think is the right thing to do. Rest right? What do you all do? I mean, I don't feel tired right now but I know I'll be drained by the end of the day. Anyone got a cure all?
I've got my normal Saturday 10 miler on deck but will need to see which way Mr. Boogers wants to play this. We can either Day-Quil him to death or I'm bringing out the big guns, antibiotics.
Either way, I hope YOU all have great non-nose blowing filled weekends. Holla.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
1. Florence, Italy. Love it there. Have been twice and can't wait to go back. I would never get tired of this bustling city.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Let's see, Friday I went to a wine tasting with V and Strawberry E (although she just hung out as she's running Boston). We sampled lots of delicioso reds and I promptly went to bed at 9 PM. Yup. Totally admit that I am a lame-o.
However, I did get up at 5:30 AM for my 10 mile run. I must say that it was one of the best 10 mile runs EVER. I took a Gu with caffeine prior to the run and it made a big difference. I wasn't starving by mile 6 like I normally am and I had a little extra pep in my step, so to speak. I even charged up the hill which normally kicks my booty.
After my run I went in to the office, the next term starts tomorrow. And then I did some prep for the impromptu party for Straweberry E's birthday. The BRA came over and we did it up. Ice cream cake, pizza, wine (for some), Dr. Pepper (for others), water for all. Today is officially Strawberry E's birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY girl!
Oh, and by the way, Lloyd decided to be a ninja during the party. He's such a ham.
I made it to the pool today for a little sun and am going to a head out for a trail run in a bit. It's been a really relaxing weekend thus far.
Life is good.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
1. This SUPER cute beach towel from Old Navy. I'll be taking it to Key Largo with me next month. (Is May summer? Cause I'm totally adding that to the Summer of B.o.B.)
2. Trips to the Keys. Nuff said.
3. Custom B.o.B. made CD's. I LOVE making CD's. I'll make em for anyone. I pretend I am a DJ and will make anyone who wants one a CD. No really. Let me know.
4. Tiger Woods. Er, wait, how'd he get in here? Not thankful for him. (Just trying to see who will end up here whilst googling for that train wreck.)
5. Freakonomics. Ok, so I'm a little late to read this book as so many of you have already, but it's so very interesting.
6. Cuban sandwiches. Cuban coffee. Cuban bread toast. All food Cuban makes me drool.
7. Strawberry E. She is the sweetest person I think I've ever met and she always has strawberries. Thanks E!
8. Jack Johnson. Swoon.
9. My job. It's not only paying the bills (Lloyd has a bad online shopping habit. "You bought 40 pairs of Kanye's shutter sunglasses?!?!"), but it's also quite entertaining.
10. Speed work. It's back on with me and the speed and oh how I've missed it.
So, what are you thankful for today?
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Ok first of all I've been thinking about my next races and goals for the rest of the year. I pretty much had the most kick butt marathon ever and don't want to become a maniac for the next one. That being said, I'd love to hit a 4:00:00 marathon. So what am I going to do? Well, the only logical thing is to get back on track for that Marine Corps Marathon that was stolen from me by Old Wonky. Can you say hoo-rah kids? I knew that you could.
In addition, I'm going to attempt an even faster 5K. Oh sweet baby Jesus, I've lost my mind on that one. 5Ks also known as lung burning 3.1 miles of torture.
Secondly, I have been working on my cross training and core. I'm not blessed genetically with a strong core like some 12 packed ab-having redheads I know (wink wink). I must work my core like it's getting paid, to get it remotely resembling a four pack of those mini-Cokes. So, that's in the plan.
Also, you all know that I signed up for my first tri in the summer and will begin serious training for it very soon. I need the water to warm up just a bit or it's glass cutting nipples for me. (Hm, wonder if that's good shark repellent or at least a good weapon against deep sea creatures.)
This morning I hit the gym for some weight training and core work. I rode the stationary bike. Not my cup of tea, but at least I'm working different muscles. I also got in some sit ups, a little plank action and threw in some bi's and tri's for good measure. Now if someone could hold up my coffee cup for me that'd be great....mmmkay...thanks.
Lastly, I have dubbed summer 2010 "The Summer of B.o.B." I've got big plans for this summer people. These plans are travel and fitness related. Let's just say The Summer of B.o.B. is totally going to kick The Summer of George's butt.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
B.o.B.land, where the running is hot and the chicks are cool....
Uh, sorry about that. A little detour of what B.o.B.land would be like just popped in my head. Anyway.... I had a superb weekend. It started out a little iffy as my 10 miler left something to be desired since I slept like poo on Friday night. I had a bad case of over thinkin'-itis and couldn't sleep. Lame.
I got through the 10 with some help from Hollster and P-Funk. They are such a great group and really keep ya going.
Then on Saturday, I travelled to the middle of the state to see the Redhead and my new "niece" Maddie. I basically stared at Maddie for a few hours and worked on my biceps holding her. She's a big girl! But oh so beautiful. She just snoozed and pooped while I held her. (Some life huh?)
The night was pretty much filled with hilarity and I'm sure Red will go into more detail. I'll post a link to her recap as soon as it's up. (It's up, go HERE.) Until next post I leave you with this...
Red + B.o.B. = 4 Eva!
Friday, April 2, 2010
I'm not sure why I am looking forward to this run so much but I am. I think my mind, body, and spirit are really working together right now and I'm annoying my co-workers with my cheerfulness. Pretty sure one gal here hates me (whatever Negative Nancy!).
After my run tomorrow I'm heading over to see Red AND my new "niece" Maddie (see Thursday's post). It should be a very fun weekend. On Sunday I'll head back to hang with the fam and do a little Easter celebrating. Deviled eggs and ham here I come!
To be honest, I absolutely cannot complain about a thing right now. I'm in a great mood and am just looking forward to the weekend. I hope you all are feeling the same and if not I'll send these good vibrations your way.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Well last night my friends finally got their baby. They adopted her and she is absolutely beautiful. Not only is she perfect, but she is so lucky. She was wanted so much and has been blessed to be with two wonderful, loving parents and people. Plus, her Auntie B.o.B. is going to spoil her rotten!
What are you thankful for today?